WELCOME TO FENWICK WINE CELLARS
Thank you for your interest in Fenwick Wine Cellars. As some of you know, and for those that don’t, we are in the process of re-locating. In late 2015, we purchased a 26-acre farm fifteen minutes North of the existing location, in Frankford, DE.
We closed on the property in December, which did not leave much time contemplate decisions, especially ones regarding our lease on the existing building. In the end, we decided it would be best for our customers, staff, and ownership, to not renew the lease and move forward with building a new facility on the newly purchased property.
During the transition process, we are not a DE Farm Winery, as without a premise, you can not have a license. We are working with state and federal officials to get the new facility built and licensed as quickly as possible. At this time, we do not have a definitive timeline to share, but following is some info we can:
- The new facility is located at 32512 Blackwater Rd, Frankford, DE 19945
- Directions to the property can be found here.
- We have received preliminary site plan approval from Sussex County Planning and Zoning.
- We have received approval from the State Fire Marshall, and are awaiting final approvals from DNREC, DelDot, and Sussex Conservation. Upon receipt of those approvals, we will get a building permit, and can break ground.
- Ground breaking occurred June 2, 2016, we anticipate 90 days to build the facility.
- Upon completion of the facility, final approvals will need secured from the DE ABCC office, and the TTB before we can open to the public.
- We are giving serious consideration to a name change, something that has “Winery” or “Vineyards” in the name to go with the new location and facility. More about this in the coming weeks.
- During the process, we will be taking photos, and posting the progress on this site, and our Facebook page, to keep everyone in the loop. The first shipment of vines were put in mid-April.
As more information becomes available, we will be sure to post it, and share it, via this website, our Facebook page, and email blasts. Keep an eye on your inbox, for some email surveys about potential names, logos, labels, and potential events you would like to see us host. If you are not on our mailing list, please click here to be added.